So before I start, let me say that I did not get paid to do this review although I probably should have. Any way I am an affiliate of a couple of websites including Sammy Dress meaning that if any one shops there and uses my code/link I get paid. My homegirl Paris tweeted me one day after I was promoting Zaful and told me that they basically took her money and never sent her the clothes. Which to me is disgusting and unacceptable. I don't like companies who do things like that. If I trust you enough to give you my information, I expect you to send me something even if it's not what I ordered. Just don't take my money and dip. But, I have stopped promoting them so hard for now because I really need to do a full review on them but I haven't had the resources to do so.
Any who, I have purchased from Sammy Dress before. They have never taken my money and not sent me products. A while ago while he was overseas, I bought Corey a little inexpensive peacoat and he loved it. I'm the type of shopper that looks at things for days upon weeks before actually deciding to buy. I like other people to post reviews and pictures and then I may buy depending on how in love I am with the item.
I preed this coat for approximately 3 weeks. For those of you who are not West Indian, preeing is watching feverishly/stalking. I looked at it like everyday saying damn I really have to get this coat. So, in November I bought it. Now I've heard horror stories about shipping taking forever but that's expected because this place is in China. It arrived almost a month later. I was in no rush because December in New York was rather warm and I even pulled out my sandals one day.
Sammy Dress pulled a houdini and got this jacket in a package so tiny it fit in the mailbox. My first thought was oh hell nah, this is about to be a disaster. But it wasn't, after I unraveled the jacket out of the package, I loved it! It was exactly like the picture and it fit perfectly. I bought it in a large because when you order overseas you usually have to order a size up.
As you can tell, I've been rocking the jacket non stop and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. Two things that I didn't really love so much was 1. the hooks, I had to bend them so that they stay in place and 2. the jacket sheds a lot so it's difficult to wear my neverfull because I'm pulling the feathers off every time I move my bag.
Here are some tips to shopping on these super cheap sites
1. Always check for reviews and user photos. These are a good indication if the item is going to look remotely close to what the picture looks like.
2. Avoid items that have photoshopped pictures.You can usually tell if a photo is photoshopped because the colors/model will look slightly off.
3. For the most part you do get what you pay for. If a jacket is $12, expect it to look like it's $12. If you see something on the site that's above $20 expect it to be decent quality.
4. Pay attention to fabric composition. A jacket composed of primarily polyester probably won't keep you warm or be of good quality.
5. Use your judgement. If your gut tells you no then say no!
With the shipping, the total was $26.78 and I had a coupon code. The items below are next on my Sammy Dress list. If you can't tell, I love fur.