Rejection. Ugh, that word is so damn ugly.
But everyone gets rejected right? I go to have sex with Corey and sometimes he rejects my ass. If you've been skimming through my blog at any point in time you may have noticed some minor inconsistencies. I'm a do what I feel like type a gal. Sometimes I feel like talking about my life and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I blog 2-3 times a week and sometimes months would go past and I wouldn't even type a word.
I've been blogging for 8 years which is a considerable amount of time to do anything. While I don't consider myself an expert, I did pretty well while my fashion blog was up. I can conjure up all types of excuses as to why I have been inconsistent (stress, baby, money, stress etc.) but the truth is at some point you have to stop making excuses and start doing shit.
It wasn't until last month after being rejected multiple times for sponsorships (one huge) that I sat back, evaluated and questioned what the hell is going on here. This is what I discovered..
1. The purpose of my blog wasn't clearly defined
2. My social media channels didn't reflect the purpose of my blog
3. My inconsistent posts hindered my believability factor
4. I didn't promote my stuff cross social media channels
5. Who I am as a person was quite confusing and misleading
You might think that these are small things in which they are once you have the answers. If you're a blogger and you're lost in regards to what direction you want to go in with you blog, throw the idea of money out of the window. Don't focus on what you want to do, focus on what you're doing right now, who are you? These questions are more interesting than your intentions to own a 7 figure business 10 years from now.
Here's what I asked myself:
1. Is it obvious that I promote body positivity?
2. Is it clear that I am a mom? (Do I post about it regularly, is my baby's head visual?)
3. Can my followers tell that I love fashion?
4. Am I easy to find on social media? Am I making my socials work to find me?
5. Do I appear personable?
6. How would I describe myself in one sentence? Is it okay if my bios are different on different networks?
7. What am I going through/feeling at this very moment?
To my fellow bloggers, if you're stuck looking for content, it's right in front of you. It's called your life. The unique thing about each of us is that we each have our own identity, our own voice. This post doesn't just apply to blogging but your life in general! Did you not get the job or the raise? Ask some necessary questions about yourself and your performance. Don't be afraid to be honest! Hopefully this post will help you in your journey. Tweet me @rayesocial and let me know!
WHY I QUIT MY JOB